This week (Masters week) marks the unofficial start of Arnold Palmer season – a simple, delicious, and legendary elixir beloved by the masses after being made famous by hall of fame professional golfer, and four-time Masters champion, Arnold Palmer. (For more background on How Arnold Palmer Gave His Name To His Signature Drink)
While original Arnold Palmer drink combines simple iced tea and lemonade, the mix of zingy lemonade and earthy iced tea is perfect for a hot day on the golf course, in the backyard, at the beach…and more occasions that call for a good time in sweltering heat.
How to make our Legendary Arnold Palmer drink
There’s no need for a recipe for an Arnold Palmer drink: you just need to know the ratio! What’s the ratio for an Arnold Palmer with vodka drink?
- 1.5 part iced tea
- 1 part lemonade
- 1.5 parts premium ONE ROQ Vodka
- Garnish with lemons and a mint sprig
Variations on the Arnold Palmer – Shake it up
There are several variations on the Arnold Palmer: some well known and other more creative takes. Here are a few ideas:
- Half and Half: Make it with half iced tea and half lemonade.
- John Daley: Reduce to 2 ounces iced tea and use 2 ounces vodka
- Lavender Palmer: Swap the lemonade for Lavender Lemonade
- Sparkling Palmer: Try Sparkling Lemonade for a bubbly twist
- Pink Palmer: Make it with Raspberry Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, or Pink Lemonade!
Serving A Crowd? Try an Arnold Palmer pitcher
You can make an Arnold Palmer pitcher! Simply combine 3 parts iced tea with 1 part lemonade in whatever quantity you need. For example, add 6 cups iced tea and 2 cups lemonade for 8 1-cup servings. Garnish with mint and lemon wheels, and serve!